Friday 10 June 2011

Cliff Richard - Album Reviews

I have his 40 Golden Greats, released in the late seventies, and wanted something from his early period to supplement that collection. I saw this at a "Half-Price Books" in N. Texas, the price was right, and here I am. Much is derivative of the early period of rock and roll, which hit the UK like a massive mess of lightning. He's backed by the Drifters, who later became the Shadows.
Much is recorded in studio, much is recorded live to an apparently crazed set of female observors. If anyone has more info, I'd love to hear your views. Bottom line, the price was right and I am in. Cliff was on fire in them daze. Chris's review on www.deltamusic.co.uk

Available on Amazon & iTunes UK and Amazon CD


4 out of 5 Stars 'Best of the Early Years' minus one !!!!!, 1 Mar 2011 By weeorry10

This box is great value for money, super presentation, three discs and lots of tracks some live but with awful 'scream to order' females on several songs. One other small complaint is the absence of Mean Streak which, in my opinion ,is one of his best early Columbia releases I can't understand why it was omitted, but for that discrepancy I would have given it five stars. Still a great buy though !!!!!!

Available on Amazon & iTunes UK, and Amazon CD

No comments:

Post a Comment