Wednesday 29 February 2012

Crying - The Magic Of Roy Orbison

Crying - The Magic Of Roy Orbison now playing on Spotify, iTunes & Amazon

Roy Kelton Orbison (April 23, 1936 – December 6, 1988) was an American singer-songwriter, best known for his distinctive, powerful voice, complex compositions, and dark emotional ballads. Orbison grew up in Texas and began singing in a rockabilly/country and western band in high school until he was signed by Sun Records in Memphis.

His first single for Monument failed to chart, and its follow-up ‘Uptown’ only made it to #72 on Billboard’s Top 100 in 1959, but it was his next single, ‘Only the Lonely’ (turned down by both Elvis Presley and the Everly Brothers) that made him a star, reaching #2 in the U.S. and #1 in the UK and Australia. Engineer Porter experimented with a completely new recording strategy, creating the mix from the top down rather from the bottom up, beginning with the close-miked background vocals in the foreground and ending with the rhythm section soft in the background, a combination which became Orbison's trademark.

1. Crying 1. Running Scared
2. Only The Lonely 2. Blue Angel
3. Love Hurts 3. Bye Bye Love
4. I Can’t Stop Loving You 4. Pretty One
5. Candy Man 5. Here Comes That Song Again
6. Today’s Teardrops 6. Paper Boy
7. Cry 7. Uptown
8. Blue Avenue 8. I’m Hurtin’
9. Come Back To Me (My Love) 9. Jolie
10. Raindrops 10. With The Bug
11. (I’d Be) A Legend In My Own Time 11. This Kind Of Love
12. 22 Days 12. It’s Too Late
13. I’ll Say It’s My Fault 13. You’re Gonna Cry
14. Go Go Go 14. I Never Knew
15. You’re My Baby 15. Mean Little Mama
16. Devil Doll 16. Problem Child
17. I Like Love 17. Sweet And Innocent
18. Seems To Me 18. Almost Eighteen
19. Sweet And Easy To Love 19. I’ll Never Tell
20. Chicken Hearted 20. Ooby Dooby
21. Rock House 21. Trying To Get To You

No comments:

Post a Comment