Friday 2 March 2012

Engelbert Humperdinck to represent the UK at Eurovision

Engelbert Humperdinck is to represent theUK at the next Eurovision song content in 2012 it was revealed today. The75 year old has had a long and successfull career spanning several decades.  He scored a UK number one with The Last Waltz and had other hits including There Goes My Everything and A Man Without Love.

His last UK top 20 single was 40 years ago with Too Beautiful To Last which reached number 14.

Engelbert said "It's an absolute honour to be representing my country for this year's Eurovision Song Contest"

However, the news that Engelbert would be representing the UK was not well received by all.  On twitter many of the Twitter users seemed distinctly underwhelmed by choice, with some struggling to remember the singer's hits and most people misspelling his last name.

So we've put together a spotify playlist of some of Engelbert Humperdinck's more popular and best loved songs. The album is also available on iTunes & Amazon and of course from our website Deltamusic.co.uk

1. In The Still Of The Night
2. A Lovely Way To Spend An Evening
3. They Say It’s Wonderful
4. Harbour Lights
5. I Don’t Want To Walk Without You
6. Embraceable You
7. The More I See You
8. Moonlight Becomes You
9. I’ll Walk Alone
10. The Very Thought Of You
11. You Belong To My Heart
12. I’ll Be Around
13. Getting Sentimental Over You
14. My Foolish Heart
15. Far Away Places
16. But Beautiful
17. Yours Truly
18. I’ll Be Seeing You
19. Red Sails In The Sunset
20. You’ll Never Know
21. I Wish I Knew
22. Stardust
23. As Time Goes By
24. Long Ago And Far Away 

No comments:

Post a Comment